CNZ Creative Communities Funding Scheme
Local arts funding (administered by the Christchurch City Council)
The Creative Communities Scheme supports and encourages local communities to create and present diverse opportunities for accessing and participating in arts* activities within their specific geographical area as well as for defined communities** of interest.
* Under the scheme, "the arts" is defined as "all forms of creative and interpretative expression".
** A community may be based around a place, a cultural tradition, or commonly held interests or experience.
- Have an arts or cultural focus.
- Take place within Christchurch and or benefit the city.
- Benefit local communities.
- Not have started before an application for funding has been assessed.
- Not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose.
- Projects must meet at least one of the following funding criteria:
- create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities
- support diversity in the arts and cultural traditions
- enable and encourage young people (under 18 years of age) to engage with and actively participate in the art
Community Grants Administrator
Phone: (03) 941 8999